Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Writing prompt #5 Fathers POV

Where did I go wrong? What could I have done differently? Why can’t we communicate? Did I not love him enough? Did I love him too much? Should I have punished more? Or less? Should I have worked less hours, I was just trying to provide for him and the rest of the family. Should I have shared my experiences and mistakes instead of trying to hide them and fool him into thinking I never made any? Did he think he was the only one with problems? Does he think I hate him or even worse am indifferent to him? Where did I go wrong? Why does he look at me with that burning hate in his eyes? Will I ever see him again? Where did I go wrong? Should I go back on my word and my principles and beg him to stay, can I apologize for doing what I feel is right? Why did my father die so young, why is he not here to advise me and help me? Where did I go wrong? What have I done? How can I make him stay? He is so young and so skinny. Is the world going to eat him alive? Does my boy stand a chance? Where did I go wrong? What could I have done? Doesn’t he see that I only want the best for him? Can’t he see the terrible mistake he is making? Will I ever see him again? How can I tell his mother that he is gone? Where will he sleep? What will he eat? What drugs is he on? Why does he hate me so? How can he survive he only makes $6 an hour? Don’t leave me son, don’t go. Where did he get that car? Is he high right now? What have I done? How will he survive, he has no idea what really goes on in this cold world. What is he thinking?  Is he really leaving? Why did he leave his bed, it was his bed, I gave it to him. Why does he hate me so much? Should I have said goodbye? Should I have told him I love him? Will I ever see him again? Where did my son go? Where did I go wrong? The house feels so empty. Is he cold right now, is he hungry? Where did my boy go, my beautiful boy? Will I ever see him again? Where did I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment